Monday, November 19, 2012

Yellow Pumpkin Soup

When I was chatting with my friend,she told me about this Pumpkin soup and it sounded healthy and interesting. I gave it a try and liked it.The soup has a mild sweetness from the Pumpkin and small onion used. 


Pumpkin soup

Ingredients:

Yellow pumpkin(Parangikai) cut into cubes
1 cup
Small onion finely chopped
2 tblsp
Garlic finely chopped
1 tsp
Black pepper powder
to taste
Salt
to taste
Butter or Olive oil
1 tsp

Method:
Boiling pumpkin cubes

sauting garlic and small onion

Soup getting ready

Parangikkai Soup

  • Cook pumpkin cubes with little water in a pan till it becomes soft.
  • Cool and puree it in a blender.
  • Heat a pan,add butter,chopped garlic and small onions and fry well.
  • Now add the pumpkin puree,pepper powder,salt and little water to get the desired consistency.
  • Boil for 3-4 mins,garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.


5 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.Please feel free to comment on how you liked my post.Your feedback is valuable to me.