Friday, September 21, 2012

Tomato Gothsu

I usually prepare coconut chutney or onion gothsu for Ven Pongal.When I visited my friend ,she prepared an excellent Tomato gothsu for pongal and I liked it a lot.Here comes the recipe..


Tomato Gothsu

Ingredients:

Onion
1
Tomato
1
Sambar powder
1 ½ tsp
Salt
as needed
Mustard seeds
½ tsp
Channa dhal
1 tsp
Urad dhal
1tsp
Asafoetida
a pinch
Curry leaves
as needed
Besan(Gram flour)
1 tsp
Oil
2 tsp

Method:

Making of Tomato Gothsu

Tomato Gothsu
  • Chop Onions and Tomatoes finely.
  • Heat oil in a kadai ,add Mustard seeds and once they crackle add Urad dhal,Asafoetida,channa dhal,curry leaves and fry till the dhals turn slightly golden.
  • Add the chopped onion and fry till they turn translucent.
  • Add the chopped Tomatoes and cook till they turn slightly mushy.
  • Add the sambar powder,salt and 2 cups water and cook for few minutes till the raw smell of sambar powder is gone.
  • Mix besan with 2 tblsp water and add this mixture to the gothsu stirring continuously.Add water to get the right consistency and let it boil for 2-3 mins.
  • Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with Ven Pongal/Idli/Dosa.I personally like it with Pongal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.Please feel free to comment on how you liked my post.Your feedback is valuable to me.