Monday, August 6, 2012

Eggless Blueberry Muffins

I like making muffins as it takes less time and effort to prepare them.After my successful attempt in making Banana muffins I wanted to try other flavours and combinations and I have started with Blueberry muffins.The muffins turned out soft and tasty. 

Eggless Blueberry muffins

Ingredients:


All purpose flour
¾ cup
Baking powder
½ tsp
Baking soda
½ tsp
Sugar
¼ cup+2 tblspoons
Oil(I used sunflower oil)
¼ cup
Yoghurt
¼ cup
Milk
2 tblsp
Blueberries
¼ cup
Vanilla essence
½ tsp

Eggless Blueberry Muffins
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
  • Wash and dry the blueberries with paper towels and toss them with 1 tsp flour.
  • Sift the Flour,baking powder and baking soda once and keep aside.
  • In a bowl take the yoghurt,add sugar and whisk till sugar is dissolved,add oil,milk and vanilla and mix well.
  • Add the sifted dry ingredients to this mixture and mix till its only just combined. Don't beat it as it will end in hard muffins.
  • Drop the batter evenly in the muffin pan lined with liners and bake at 180ºC for 20-25 mins or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  • Once done bring the pan out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins and slowly take the muffins out.
Note:
  • I used fresh blueberries in this recipe .You can also use frozen berries.
  • Keep an eye on the muffins after 18 mins.
  • I got 6 standard size muffins for the above quantity.
Linking to Bake Fest hosted by FOODOMANIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.Please feel free to comment on how you liked my post.Your feedback is valuable to me.